Click on the photo to watch this group on TV
Welcome to Newton at Home, a non-profit membership organization founded by a small group of Newton residents who wanted to build a community of friendship and support among older Newton residents.
NAH offers a wide variety of vital services and social activities that help its members live safe, active, and connected lives in the places that mean the most to them: their homes and apartments, their neighborhood, and their city.
|We are very pleased to announce a new type of membership at Newton at Home. Social memberships are now available to Newton residents who would like to have access to the Newton at Home social, cultural and educational programs, but do not need practical services (transportation and in-house services) or vendor referrals. Social members may attend all programs and events such as lectures, trips to museums and/or historical sites, and affinity groups. The annual social membership fees are $350 for an individual and $475 for a household with all but $50 recognized as tax deductible. Social memberships can be converted to Full memberships at any time.
Tell your friends about this newest membership and how it offers access to our numerous programs and events. People interested in joining as social members can fill out the Social membership application or contact us at the NAH office for more information.
- New. Wonderful article - Newton at Home is building a community within a community – in Fiftyplus Advocate
- At Newton at Home's Annual Meeting in October 2019, the Board announced that the NAH Officers were reelected for one-year terms. Stephen Logowitz as President, Arthur Glasgow as Vice President, Paul Davis as Treasurer, and Herb Plovnick as Secretary.
- One of the many benefits of living in Newton is our city’s Tax Deferral Program for residents over 65 who have had their primary residence in MA for ten years, have owned a home in MA for five, and have total gross income not in excess of $86,000. Here’s information for those interested in learning more.
- Newton at Home’s announcement of our Social Memberships and its benefits is included in Rachel Kagno's Neighbor Post in the Newton Patch. NAH’s Social members may attend all programs and events such as lectures, trips to museums and historical sites, group dining activities, as well as enjoy participation in a variety of affinity groups.
- Home Again is a collaboration of Newton at Home and other local non-profits to supply housewares (dishes, linens, small appliances, etc.) to those who need them. This is a wonderful fit for NAH members who are downsizing. Learn more.
- New. Newton at Home is very pleased that West Newton Hearing will sponsor our Health and Wellness educational programs for the coming year. Here is more about WNHC and our H+W program.
- NAH is looking for volunteers with marketing, advertising, writing, distribution, production and strategic planning skills. These volunteers will support our Board of Director's effort to raise the profile of Newton at Home and spread the word about NAH to potential members, volunteers, and donors. If interested in learning more, please contact the NAH office.
- New. Fall 2019 Newsletter
- We are pleased to share Newton at Home's Annual Report 2018: The Extra Dimension
- Newton at Home has its own Facebook page! We post photographs from our events and affinity groups, plus some interesting articles. “Like” a post, make a comment, create your own visitor’s post, or write a review. Check us out: NAH Facebook Page