Welcome to Newton at Home, a non-profit membership organization founded by a small group of Newton residents who wanted to build a community of friendship and support among older Newton residents.
NAH offers a wide variety of vital services and social activities that help its members live safe, active, and connected lives in the places that mean the most to them: their homes and apartments, their neighborhood, and their city.
The Newton Senior Center Chamber Orchestra will be performing. Newton at Home Member Gwendolyn Thornblade is the orchestra director and members Steve Logowitz and Carol Brown play in the orchestra. In addition there will be performances by the Community Chorus from the Scandinavian Living Center and the ‘B Sharps’ choir from the Fessenden School.
Wednesday, December 19
10:00 - 11:30 AM
Join us for a Holiday Concert and Sing Along
in the Nordic Hall at the Scandinavian Living Center
- Our Sock Drive for Veterans was a great success! Thanks to the generosity of Rotarians, members and volunteers of Newton at Home, and employees of The Village Bank, we were able to deliver our HUGE bags of socks to City of Newton Director of Veterans Affairs Seth Bai. It's a great feeling to support our Vets! Thanks to all of the members and volunteers who donated so generously to this cause. It is greatly appreciated.
- The Newton Neighbors news magazine has published an excellent new article on Newton at Home: Remaining in One’s Own Sweet Home
- NAH’s Executive Director, Maureen Grannan was one of three Massachusetts Village Directors invited to speak with the Secretary of The Administration of Community Living to describe the mission of the Village to Village Movement and the nature of each of the three villages. ACL, a department of the federal government, has a mission to best meet the needs of older adults and persons with disabilities.
- An update: Home Again is a collaboration of Newton at Home and other local non-profits to supply housewares (dishes, linens, small appliances, etc.) to those who need them. This is a wonderful fit for NAH members who are downsizing. Learn more.
- New. We are pleased to share Newton at Home's Annual Report 2018: The Extra Dimension
- Newton at Home and Keyes Drug announce partnership with Keyes sponsoring Newton at Home's Health and Wellness programs for the 2017-2018 year. Newton Patch provides the details.
- Newsletter - Summer/Fall 2018
- Newton at Home has its own Facebook page! We post photographs from our events and affinity groups, plus some interesting articles. “Like” a post, make a comment, create your own visitor’s post, or write a review. Check us out: NAH Facebook Page